Monday, November 17, 2014

Spreading Wellness: What dream are you pursuing?

Dreams...Have you ever been caught off guard, not realizing that you have drifted off into another world? Daydreaming about future ambitions? Over the past 7+ years, that is exactly what I have been doing, often.

Back in 2007, while working with a patient post-injury, I must have had a dreamy look in my eye. During one of his visits he told me that I should reach for my dreams. Wow! Life really hasn't been the same since. I had been a professional for more than 7 years at that time, working in all medical and educational settings possible for a person with an Associates of Applied Science degree...including travel therapy...liking all of them, but not feeling challenged. I was ready for a change, and those words were all I needed. I went back to school, worked part-time in the medical field, taught half-time at the University, started an adaptive xc ski program, all while conducting multiple research projects in xc skiing, volunteer coaching, and pursuing my MS Exercise Science degree. That was just the beginning.

Waiting for skiers to arrive
Photo by: Jodi Tervo Roberts
Upper Peninsula Adaptive XC Ski Program
http://mqt-adaptive-ski.blogspot.com/

The ski program was started out of my garage, with pure passion, and no income. I was propelled forward by the amazing participants that came every week for their xc ski lessons, the fantastic volunteers, and local businesses who supported the work! This was my first attempt at starting my own business...grant writing, programming, ski lessons, volunteer coordination, marketing, recruiting, and so much more. This invigorated me!

One day, while walking home from class, my eyes focused on the dreamy future...the one where I would own a business that would focus on exponentially helping people, using exercise and movement as the catalyst...it was on that walk, back in 2007, that I dreamed of my current business name, E3...meant to be Ecubed, as each one of the E's (Energy, Empowerment, Exercise), exponentially multiplies the other.



About 7 years later, after living in the woods, guiding outdoor adventures, and working multiple part-time/temporary positions, in the midst of an economic downturn, I decided to take a leap of faith. I love helping people! I have a passion for holistic wellness, especially outside. I thrive on knowing that people who meet with me are able to create lifestyle changes that are meaningful to them.

This fall, E3 Twin Ports, LLC, was born! What a thrill! So much to do and learn with business ownership, but a challenge that I'm ready for. So much different than a volunteer organization, but still similar, and still invigorating! Excited to be able to help people create lifestyle changes. Excited to help "Spread Wellness." And, excited to help energize and empower people through exercise! 

We hope to see you in one of our classes, for training/coaching sessions, and/or at one of our events. Your support will help this Dream become Reality. Now please, share with us: What dream are you pursuing?

No comments:

Post a Comment