Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Spreading Wellness: Who helped foster your courage, dreams, and ambitions in life?

As I sit here next to the Christmas tree, I reminisce about my days of youth...and the traditions that we had as a family. Growing up in a Finnish home, sauna and skiing were a large part of our festivities. Winter was always such a magical time of year. The lights, the decorations, the concerts, the music, and the gently falling snowflakes.

This time of year I get a little sentimental, and enjoy time alone in reflection. This year, I've been reflecting upon the people who had a big influence on my life, and one of my Grandpa's comes to mind. As a child whenever we visited Grandpa and Grandma in the winter, we had to bring our cross-country skis, and it was a bonus if we remembered our sleds. Grandpa groomed his own ski trail with his snowshoes, and then went around with his skis to make grooves, and he always liked when we would do at least 1 lap on a visit. As a very young child, I remember the big hills that he would pack, and then watching the big kids go up and down, wishing I could try them...and I remember finally being big enough to try them by myself. Such an adrenaline rush! Always after we finished our skiing, and sledding if we took them, we would pile into the sauna. Wonderful memories... Because he shared his passion for skiing and the outdoors, I was blessed with an understanding and appreciation for outdoor fitness, and it became a part of me.

I believe those wonderful moments of youth, helped me to gain the courage, strength, and ambition to start E3 Twin Ports, LLC. We offer both indoor and outdoor fitness and movement activities, and offer wellness coaching for healthy lifestyle changes. We have teamed up with Duluth XC Ski Club, and will be offering a free technique tip prior to the Wednesday Night Race series that starts in January. For more information about the series, click HERE. This year, DXC has included a "Just for fun, untimed" category, so please join us for the weekly event. Also starting in January, E3 will offer weekly ski lessons on Monday evenings. Our locations will be throughout the Twin Ports, but we are waiting to see where the best snow will be...so stay tuned for more information, and think snow! :)


And as you gather with your friends and family this holiday season, I encourage you to consider who helped to foster your courage, dreams, and ambitions in life. And, if they are still with us, send them a note of "Thanks," or better yet, pay them a visit and deliver your appreciation in person. It is always wonderful to share in each others dreams. And, maybe more importantly, how are you helping to foster the dreams and ambitions of your loved ones?

If you have any questions about our programs, what we have to offer, what you would like us to offer, or any other inquiries, please email us at info@e3twinports.com.

E3 Twin Ports, LLC, Spreading Wellness
(Energy and Empowerment through Exercise)


No comments:

Post a Comment