Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Spreading Wellness: How has your hero inspired you?

Growing up my Grandpa was an avid cross-country skier, and frequently told stories about his ski adventures with his buddies. I was fortunate enough to get to know his friends, and we would see each other often on the trails and at marathon ski events. They all have fantastic stories of inspiration, but one story clearly defines my definition of heroism. At a marathon ski race a few years ago, I was talking with one of my Grandpa's friends. He was now an 80+ year old athlete. He had a smile on his face, and was telling me about his current medical condition which had caused him for the first time in many years to put more miles on his truck than on his skis, and also the reason that he couldn't race that year. Despite this set back, he added that he will be back skiing next year, and that he was happy he had asked for a second opinion so that he didn't need to have his foot amputated. Wow! What an attitude on life! I loved hearing his stories. At an early age I was exposed to hero's like this, and I would walk away feeling inspired, and reminded that I needed to stay active so that I too could lead a full life, until the end. As I grow older, I often think about these hero's, and hope that someday I too can be an inspiration to others. If I can make a positive impact in one person's life, whether through a smile, a listening ear, or somehow help to empower someone to reach their dreams, then I have succeeded. And, I am striving to continue skiing marathons into my 80's and 90's, just like my Grandpa and his friends.

How do we act upon these inspirations? By learning from your heroes, leading a lifestyle that will help you accomplish them, and as Socrates said, by focusing your energy on building the new. Is it really this easy? Well, not for everyone. Lifestyle change can be a challenging endeavor. E3 is continuously reading research on health, wellness, and lifestyle change, so that we can better help our clients. We at E3 strive to empower you to become holistically healthy and well throughout our lifespan, by offering science-based health and wellness opportunities. We empower you to engage in healthy lifestyle habits. With the help of our highly educated staff, we strive to meet our clients at whatever stage of wellness they are at...so we can spread wellness in our community, one member at a time.

What does this all mean? It means that we offer Wellness Coaching, and both indoor and outdoor fitness opportunities (Zumba, Body Weight Interval Training, Family Snowshoeing, Parent/Kid Music and Movement, and XC Ski Lessons). We also have a vision for leading wellness retreats in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Wilderness for women's groups, corporations, and any other group that is interested. We want to share the power of the outdoors with our clients; however, we know that is not for everyone, which is why we offer our indoor opportunities as well. Our goal is to help our clients meet their health and wellness goals, and when they succeed, we succeed.


As the owner of E3 Twin Ports, LLC, I thank you for reading our inspirational/motivational blog, and I encourage you to join us for our classes and events. I have had many heroes in my life, and am very grateful for everything they have taught me, and inspired me to do...including opening E3 Twin Ports, LLC, so that I can share my passions with the community. Do you have a hero? Do you have a story to share about a person who has been an inspiration in your life? We would love to hear! Share your story by offering a comment on this blog, or sending us an email at info@e3twinports.com.

For more information about E3 Twin Ports, LLC, please visit www.e3twinports.com, and follow us on facebook and pinterest. We are wishing you a healthy day!

To learn more about me, Jodi Tervo Roberts, the owner of E3 Twin Ports, LLC, please see and share the following article that was published in the Sunday, Jan. 11th Duluth News Tribune.
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/features/3653171-five-questions-jodi-tervo-roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment