Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spreading Wellness: What have you learned from Lego's?

Have you ever walked through your living room and stepped on a sharp Lego? Do you remember building Lego's when you were a child? Most people have some recollection of these amazing little classical toys. Lego's are a big part of our house.

Last week, our Lego Friend junkie asked me what I was doing as I sat in front of the computer and typed away. I informed her that I was blogging, and she asked to read it. So I showed her a few posts...and could see her little wheels turning. She then asked me if I could write a blog about Lego's. Hmm...I pondered it for a bit, and then asked her, "What have you learned from Lego's?" Below is her response, quite sophisticated for a 7 year old, at least that is what this biased blogger believes. :)

...I learned that they keep me busy for hours and hours....I build them and have fun...follow directions through pictures and words...they help me to dream and give me good dreams...to use my imagination...they can make a whole town with many cars, jeeps, bikes, scooters, people, pets, trees, birds, cats, raccoon, bears, dolphins and water, and you and Daddy will help me if I ask.

"Nice!" I responded after typing down everything she said, and then told her I'd see what I can do. She then set up her little Lego's and told me to take pictures, because all of my posts had pictures. She is truly amazing, and teaches us something new every day!

What does this have to do with E3 Twin Ports, LLC? Everything! E3 encourages everyone to reflect upon their individual lives, so you can learn and grow. Lately, as we've been building our summer curriculum and programming, we've been reflecting upon the research we've learned and experienced about "the power of reflection." Take any small piece of your day, and reflect upon it to learn and grow. Dig deep. This will help you find the true meaning behind the lesson that you learned. Reflection and critical thinking are significant components of creating sustainable healthy lifestyle habits, and that is what E3's mission is.

In our "signature 6-week outdoor programs," we encourage you to reflect on a variety of wellness areas, and then we provide education each week about the science of health, wellness, and happiness...and how we can all age youthfully! :) We will tailor the educational topics around the group requests as best as possible. Registration is open for all of our summer programming. Each program is limited to 15 people, so sign up soon! We look forward to meeting you! If you have questions, please don't hesitate to send an email to info@e3twinports.com.

Begin practicing for our programs! What can you reflect upon today? For me, I pondered what I could learn from the little one's request to blog about Lego's...and realized that Lego's taught me that you are never too young to learn from reflection. It taught me that I should ask our little Lego Junkie to reflect more often about the simple joys in life, and continue to encourage her critical thinking skills. Please share with us, what have Lego's taught you?
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise
www.e3twinports.com
Email to register or with questions: info@e3twinports.com

"Like Us" on Facebook, it has daily updates.

"Follow us" on Pinterest, it is full of motivational inspirations, all of our advertising posters, and oodles of educational articles and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment