Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Spreading Wellness: How have you grown through gratitude?

E3's Owner, Jodi, sipping tea
as she does research. :)
Grateful for both.

"Gratitude...the open door to abundance." ~Yogi Bhajan

Abundance of life, health, and happiness? Abundance of food and water? Abundance of rain and wind? Abundance of friends and family? Or, an abundance of kids art projects on your refrigerator? These questions all pop into my head as I ponder that quote. We all have an abundance of different experiences. We are all grateful for different people/places/things in our lives.

What would it be like if we all lived with a bit more mindfulness around gratitude? Some say that being grateful is the first step toward happiness. Some say that gratitude is the real joy that we feel in life. Yet others say that gratitude is an attitude that we live, and is the precursor to positive change.

Although there are an abundance of people/places/things to be grateful for, as a person who loves intellectual stimulation and learning, I am grateful for the abundance of intellectual research that is available at the tip of my fingers. :) Yes, I am a research junky, a scientist, and a purist. I am grateful for my graduate professors who helped me to decipher the validity of research, and instilled in me a healthy skepticism. My love of independent learning has been enhanced in a very positive way, through today's technology. I remember when I first went to college, my research was done in a library, with real books and periodicals...not much fun, and SLOW! Technology has allowed my intellect to grow abundantly. And as I type this, I chuckle inside, because although I absolutely love doing research, I limit my screen time, and often find myself asking clients if they can turn off their technology to truly take time for their own health and well-being. Hmm...oxymoron? Maybe. But that is ok. The relationship with technology is never going to go away, but it may increase. And, let's be honest, we can all get sucked into it longer than we anticipate. However, as a student of positive psychology, I need to look for the positives among the challenges, and being able to find solid research online is something that I am truly grateful for.

Today, I want to share a phenomenal inspirational talk with you, on Gratitude...one that truly combines my love of nature & technology. If you have about 10 minutes, take some time to watch and listen to the power of beauty and gratitude, from 3 different perspectives (the speaker and 2 interviewees). [If you followed my blog at my previous job, you may have already watched this, but it is worth watching again.] :)

E3 Twin Ports, LLC Wellness Tree.
I want to help you create a beautiful 
forest of happy and healthy people in your life!
Expressing gratitude and becoming more mindful of gratitude, can only help to enhance your own wellness. I recently updated my wellness philosophy tool. A graphic of a tree...spreading wellness has been my theme, and I see you as the trunk, growing your own tree, and then spreading leaves and seeds of health, happiness, and meaning to those around you, and soon, we will help improve the health of the entire forest. Beautiful.

I challenge you to become more mindful of gratitude, and see how your forest expands and grows. How has your life become abundant through gratitude?

Please share with us, your story about gratitude and abundance.

This blog needs a Post Statement, too...because there are so many things to be grateful for. E3 and I are grateful for the Fairlawn Mansion, and their request to team up to provide Yoga and Dance there! :) Please join us. Click on the picture below for details, and email us to register. We hope to see you there!

If you have stumbled across this blog, and would like to sign up to receive it weekly to your inbox, simply go to our website and sign up on our blog page, or send an email to info@e3twinports.com, with "blog sign-up" in the subject line. I will happily add you to my growing list of over 130 regular readers.

E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise
Owner, Jodi L. Tervo Roberts
Me, Jodi, owner of E3.
This day, I was grateful for another
amazing summer day, and gorgeous bike
ride up the shore.

Helping people to lead healthy, happy, and meaningful lives, and promoting healthy lifestyles through outdoor recreation, fitness, and interactive educational presentations.

Website: e3twinports.com
YouTube: Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment