Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Spreading Wellness: How well do you sleep?

Tossing and turning, turning and tossing. Watching the hours on the clock, hearing snores coming from the family, and me, eyes wide open, unable to sleep. Kicking myself for drinking the amazing "coffee treat" that I had mid-day. As I was enjoying it, there was a little voice in my head telling me that I shouldn't....especially since I didn't have any fitness planned for the day. It was a day set aside to enjoy with family and visitors. Usually, I'm an early to bed and early to rise sort of girl, but not this night. It was another reminder that maybe I should listen to the little voices in my head. Sleep is too important for my health to compromise it...

How do you sleep? Do you know what helps you to sleep better? Do you know what compromises your sleep? Have you ever tuned into your sleep patterns? Have you allowed your body to get into a natural rhythm? Sleep is extremely important for your health. According to WebMD, healthy sleep leads to better weight control, mood, lower risk of injury, better memory, and more. So how do you improve your sleep? Exercise is one way, and according to the National Wildlife Federation, children sleep better if they play outside...and I personally believe that must be true for adults too.

With New Years around the corner, people are beginning to think about their New Years resolutions...and I hope that I can help people to push beyond the 2 week to 1 month attempt at keeping them. Just like exercise takes a long time to create it into a habit, according to Psychology Today, the benefits of exercise on sleep can also take a while. So stay focused, and keep trying. And, take an E3 class to learn about creating healthy habits, if you have questions or would like to learn more.

Now I ask you, how well do you sleep? If you answer, "not very well." Then, E3 (Energy and Empowerment through Exercise) is here to help. Starting in January we have 2 outdoor programs open for Women...one snowshoe class (including education on women's health, one topic being sleep), and one intermediate fitness winter sampler (which also includes women's health education). For those who are not ready to play outside in the winter, we are also offering 2 different Yoga classes. Enlightened Yoga and Oils at Avalon Educational Center on Monday evenings (8 week class that combines essential oils, meditation, chakras and yoga) and Yoga at the Fairlawn Mansion (7 weeks, includes 7 punch pass, 4 punch pass and drop-in rates). Check out all January programs here, and remember that registration is also open for our Winter Women's Wellness Retreat at Giants Ridge. Click here to check out those details, and I just heard from the massage therapist at the Lodge. She will be offering $10 off her massage prices for those that attend the women's retreat! That is a fantastic deal! Please share this with family and friends. Thank you.

Make 2016 a year of healthy sleep, and sign up for one of our classes today. :) Register by emailing me at info@e3twinports.com, and questions are also always welcomed. Please check out all of my links below to learn more about E3...including my website, facebook, and YouTube channel. Meditation Mondays have been a big hit, and you will find them all on my YouTube channel.

If you have stumbled upon this blog, and would like to be added to our list, simply email info@e3twinports.com, with "Blog Sign-up" in the subject line. I'll happily add to to our growing list of over 145 people. 


E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise
Owner, Jodi L. Tervo Roberts
Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, Owner
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Helping people to lead healthy, happy, & meaningful lives, while promoting healthy lifestyles through outdoor recreation, fitness, and interactive educational presentations.

Website: e3twinports.com
YouTube: Channel


LIVE HAPPY, DREAM BIG, SMILE, and PLAY OUTSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment