Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Spreading Wellness: How have books changed your life?

Simplicity, covered wagons, hardships, family, friends, education, and history in the making. Almost every night, with Mom on the couch, us kids huddled around her, and Dad on his lazy-boy, Mom read us the "Little House on the Prairie" series. Those are some of my favorite memories as a child. I heard those stories over 3+ times, because my mom thought it was important for all of us kids to hear and appreciate the history of the Ingalls family. We reflected upon their lifestyle, struggles, and triumphs, and related it to our lives. My mom used it as a teaching tool, for appreciation, gratefulness, love of reading and learning, history lessons, and much more. While on family vacations, we went visit the homesteads of the Ingalls family, and still reflect upon it today. I cherish those memories and lessons that I learned as a child, and continue to remember the words my parents used, and the examples she used to help us understand gratefulness for what we have. 


E3 Twin Ports, LLC owners books...a small sampling of
the books she uses to create her interactive educational
presentations and trainings. www.e3twinports.com
At some point in our lives, learning becomes more than memories with family, and learning about morals and values. Reading can be learning about life. We go from learning to read, to reading to learn...about ideas, thoughts, skills, etc. that are valuable to us. The internal drive for learning and teaching inside of my soul and spirit is strong, and I share a picture here of just a short sampling of books that are on my shelf. Books that I have read, and continue to reference on a regular basis in my personal and professional life. Ideas, skills, and concepts that I enjoy teaching about in corporate & organizational programming, and useful in individual wellness coaching. Sometimes I recommend a read to a client based upon their needs. 

I have an idea for a women's health program, that would happen on a weekly basis, based around a book. Do you know anyone that would be interested? Maybe yourself? I'm asking if you do, to please send me an email with the answers to these questions. I'm trying to get a feel for the interest before I go ahead and outline the program and open up registration. Thank you!

Would you be willing and able to meet once a week? Or, biweekly?
Would meeting a total of 6 times or 8 times be best for you?
Would you be able to meet for breakfast? Say 7-8:30 a.m.? 8-9:30 a.m.?
If the cost included breakfast, education, and how the book ties into women's health and happiness, would you be willing to pay for this women's health class?

Now I ask you, how have books changed your life? For me, well, books have been a tool for learning and teaching, which has shaped me personally and professionally. 

If you have stumbled upon this blog, and would like to be added to our list, simply email info@e3twinports.com, with "Blog Sign-up" in the subject line. I'll happily add to to our growing list of over 155 people. 

E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise
Owner, Jodi L. Tervo Roberts
Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, Owner
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Helping people to lead healthy, happy, & meaningful lives, while promoting healthy lifestyles through outdoor recreation, fitness, yoga, individual wellness coaching, and interactive educational presentations.

Website: e3twinports.com
YouTube: Channel



LIVE HAPPY, DREAM BIG, SMILE, and PLAY OUTSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment