Here are the questions that I had you complete last month. Hopefully you saved your answers somewhere, because now I ask you to fill this out again, and then compare your answers.
Last task, share your results, stories, and improvements with me. :)
Please use the following 6 point scale to answer these statements.
0=Not at all descriptive, 1=Faintly descriptive, 2=Somewhat descriptive, 3=Fairly descriptive, 4=Very descriptive, 5=Extremely descriptive.
- I look forward to going to work every day. ___
- I practice bringing personal meaning to my life. ___
- I feel a sense of belonging and connectedness with my community. ___
- I have at least one person with whom I can share deep personal feelings. ___
- I practice the habit of being connected to nature and the outdoors. ___
- I can name 5 emotions that I experience daily. ___
- I am physically active at least 30 minutes a day. ___
Please use the following 6 point scale to answer these last 2 statements.
0=Extremely unhappy, 1=Faintly happy, 2=Somewhat happy, 3=Fairly happy, 4=Very happy, 5=Extremely happy.
- I rate my current momentary happiness as_______.
- Momentary happiness is how you are feeling right now.
- I rate my authentic happiness as _______.
- Authentic happiness defined as: I have a pleasant life of pleasures, a good life of engagement, and meaningful life. (Martin Seligman’s definition) Despite life's challenges, you are able to stay positive and resilient.
Movement and meditation in nature have been associated with calming, improving our ability to focus, increase creativity, improve physical wellness, and environmental awareness, to name a few. I truly enjoy working outdoors, and helping others to see and experience the value of nature. One of my recent Wellness Coaching clients recently told me the thing that made her day was when I told her that I do not have a gym membership. She said, she went to work and share with her colleagues that the best thing about her coach is that she is an exercise scientist without a gym membership! Yes, that is me. I am passionate about the fact that health and well-being does not happen in a gym. I know that it can, but true health and holistic well-being takes an integrated approach, and I am passionate about working with people to create healthy lifestyle habits that work for them, and many times that is not during 1 hour at a gym. There is so much more to health and well-being. This short article, from Kansas City University (link external) sums up many areas that can be improved with nature, and I ask you, did the one month of 30 minutes in nature a day leave you feeling refreshed? I sure hope so, and I also hope that it will become a daily habit. :) I look forward to hearing from you. :)
Helping people to lead healthy, happy, & meaningful lives, while promoting healthy lifestyles through outdoor recreation, fitness, yoga, individual wellness coaching, and interactive educational presentations.
If you have stumbled upon this blog, and would like to be added to our list, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Blog Sign-up" in the subject line. I'll happily add to to our growing list of over 155 people.
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise
Owner, Jodi L. Tervo Roberts
|Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, Owner|
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
LIVE HAPPY, DREAM BIG, SMILE, and PLAY OUTSIDE!