Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Spreading Wellness: Would this experience make your heart and soul smile?

Slowly the singing birds and frogs woke me from a wonderful sleep, deep in the woods, along the Superior Hiking Trail. Peaceful and beautiful. The best way to wake up. I swiftly packed up, and hiked out to my truck, where I made breakfast before heading into work. The sun was shining, and as I drove along Hwy 61, I noticed it was a "glass day" on the lake. Wonderful! My favorite days of work. First up, was yoga on the beach - all ages, all abilities. A perfect way to start a day for guests, and a perfect start of a work day for me. Short but sweet, I would then transition to my paddling gear, and prepare the boat house for a sunrise tour on the Big Lake. Sunrise paddles were always a little more layed back. The people who chose to take the early morning tour, were usually out to begin their day peacefully and quietly. Sometimes we would spy Loons out on the lake, sometimes we would try to guess how deep Lake Superior was in certain places, knowing the rocks that we saw on the bottom of the lake, through the crystal clear water were much farther away than they appeared. But much of the sunrise paddle was spent in peaceful quiet, with guests pointing out various natural features to each other silently. Days "in the office" like this, truly make my heart and soul smile.
A BWCAW experience, led by Jodi, E3's owner. Doesn't
this make you want to book your Corporate Retreat today?!
If so, email Jodi at info@e3twinports.com

Yes, guiding on the gorgeous Lake is what brought me here to Minnesota. Little did I know that I would meet the man of my dreams while guiding that summer. I was here temporarily, while I looked for a full-time position anywhere in the world, in the fields of college teaching, adaptive sports and recreation, corporate health and wellness, or anything in the related field. 5 years later, I am still here, now happily married, and a member of the Northland Paddlers Alliance Board. And today, I want to remind you all that since it has still been snowing as of late, and the weather isn't super warm and peaceful for paddling, we can all get excited about it, feel the energy and excitement of paddling, while we sit in the seats at the Zeitgeist, and watch amazing paddling films. YES, the REEL PADDLE FILM FESTIVAL is in town! The one fundraiser of the year for the very young Northland Paddlers Alliance. Tickets are $10 in advance (purchase at Ski Hut), or $15 at the door. Last year, we sold out, so we suggest heading to Ski Hut to get your tickets. You won't want to miss it. There are films of many genres - SUP, Kayak, Canoe, Multi-sport, and cultural. For more information about the film festival, check out this link. To help spread the FB event, click here, and then "share" it with all of your friends.

If you have questions about how E3 can help your organization or group get out on the water kayaking or canoe in the BWCAW, please email me at info@e3twinports.com. Corporate Retreats in the BWCAW is something E3 is beginning to advertise, and information can be found here on our website. Then you too can experience the beauty of waking up to the birds and frogs, engaging in morning yoga, and a sunrise paddle. It is truly an amazing experience.

Now I ask you, do you think this experience would make your heart and soul smile? As for me, YES! it obviously does. Find out for yourself. Contact me, Jodi, to schedule a free consultation, and then book your corporate retreat. info@e3twinports.com

If you have stumbled upon this blog, and would like to be added to our list, simply email info@e3twinports.com, with "Blog Sign-up" in the subject line. I'll happily add to to our growing list of over 155 people. 

E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise (education and meditation outdoors)
Owner, Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, MS, CSCS, WFR, Yoga Instructor

Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, Owner
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Helping people to lead healthy, happy, & meaningful lives, while promoting healthy lifestyles through outdoor recreation, fitness, yoga, individual wellness coaching, and interactive educational presentations.

Website: e3twinports.com
YouTube: Channel



LIVE HAPPY, DREAM BIG, SMILE, and PLAY OUTSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment