Tuesday, July 26, 2016

When was the last time that you played like a kid?

Play. When was the last time that you played? I mean truly let yourself loose and played like you were a kid?

E3's motto is to Live Happy, Dream Big, Smile, and Play Outside. I whole heartedly believe in finding your inner child, and play is a key piece to that. Think about playgrounds built for all ages. I grew up in the UP, and I remember when the city of Houghton (and I believe the Lion's Club helped) built the Chutes and Ladders playground. The slides were/are fantastic and people of all ages were climbing and sliding. And, some even enjoy the monkey bars, swings, and tunnels. You see smiles on everyone's faces, and simultaneously, everyone is "exercising." What better way to get a good work out in, than doing something super fun, that doesn't even seem like exercise. I know that I've talked about playgrounds before, but I think we all need a little reminder sometimes. This past weekend my family enjoyed waterslides together. It is a family tradition to seek a waterpark or hotel with waterslides at least once a year. My favorite part of our family waterpark trip is the bonding we get as a family through play, and my second favorite thing is watching people of all ages laugh, scream, giggle, and play together. It is the epicenter of FUN. Healthy fun.

As part of E3's wellness coaching sessions, we discuss play. What do you enjoy doing? What do you think of as play? How do you define play? Do you have children, nieces, nephews, cousins, grandchildren in your life that you can play with as part of your exercise plan? Yes, we include this in your plan, if it is right for you. If you would like to learn more about E3's Wellness Coaching sessions, please send me an email (info@e3twinports.com). I will happily schedule your FREE initial consultation.

So the next time you pass people laughing, screaming, and having a good time at a playground, waterpark, beach, or park, will you join them? Will you let yourself loose and play like a kid? If not, what is stopping you? I'll happily help you to feel comfortable letting your inner child loose again. :) Thank you for reading, and now please, go play outside. :)

If you have stumbled upon this blog, and would like to be added to our list, simply email info@e3twinports.com, with "Blog Sign-up" in the subject line. I'll happily add you to to our growing list of people. 

E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Energy and Empowerment through Exercise (education and meditation outdoors)
Owner, Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, MS, CSCS, WFR, Yoga Instructor

Jodi L. Tervo Roberts, Owner
E3 Twin Ports, LLC
Helping people to lead healthy, happy, & meaningful lives, while promoting healthy lifestyles through outdoor recreation, fitness, yoga, individual wellness coaching, and interactive educational presentations.

Website: e3twinports.com
YouTube: Channel




LIVE HAPPY, DREAM BIG, SMILE, and PLAY OUTSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment